8.08.2006

The Half Eaten Samosa

I woke up with a terrible hangover today as well as a flea bitten face. I was thirsty; I had a craving for an ice cold smoothie to massage my throat and chill the bile that was climbing up my digestive tract; but I couldn't get one, so I had to settle for sucking the moisture out of a teabag that had been left in a cup.

There was the used condom lying there on the floor from the night before, my liquid pearl in a latex prison.

I scoured the frige for food, all I found was a half eaten vegetable and chicken samosa, there was slight mould growing along the bitten edges. A pot of sauce came with the samosa. I grabbed the items and made for the table, but accidently tripped on the fan cord and fell on the floor with a loud KLA-THLUMPONK.

The samosa skidded across the floor to smack into the skirting board, the pot of sauce flew up in the air to land all over my bed. I picked myself up, cursing. The sauce was gone, and the samosa was lying in three broken pieces on the dusty floor besides a couple of dead cockroaches. I scooped the food back onto the plate.

The samosa was dry and hard to swallow, I could have done with the sauce which was now only a dark stain on my bedsheets. I looked at the discarded condom on the floor... hmmm, I thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

EWWWWWW!!!

And dammit. I forgot to tell you that we went to the drum circle in Trinity Bellwoods last night. BUT- we're going to Sunnyside this Sunday... you should join us if you want to prove you can actually drum.