8.08.2006

Google Ads: What is the point, really?

Google Ads, you sign up to put adverts on your blog, and you get paid for every time someone clicks on them. Makes perfect sense, right?... NO, they suck, the whole idea sucks, and their babies suck too.

When was the last time you clicked an ad on someone's blog site? The answer is probably, never. Everytime I see someone with ads on their blog site, I cannot help but giggle at the unhealthy optimism afforded by internet capitalism.

If you want to make advertising pay, you have to sell the space on your popular blog site to the companies who want exposure.

Remove those disgusting pay-per-click ad banners off your sites, nobody reads them; they just make you look stupid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Just because of this post, I'm now going to see how many rows of Google ads I can force into every conceivable open space on my template. I will ruin my text alignment, and reduce each page to roughly seven letters of content.

It will make "The Bestest Blog of All-Time" look like a piece of Zen minimalist art by comparison. Remember that kid who created an entire site consisting of nothing but tiny ads on literally every pixel? Child's play. Yeah, I know some string theory; apparently there are 11 DIMENSIONS. That's enough to fit far, far more ads than that guy ever dreamed.

Oh yes, it will look ridiculous... and I will laugh all the way to the bank.