9.28.2006

Truth

Truth

She wants to speak to me,
But I do not want to listen,
She speaks angrily,
But that is not her message,
She makes me angry,
That is not what she wants;
I do the opposite.

This is my relationship with her.
My emotions blind me,
they make me deaf.
I cannot see beyond her face,
she does not want me to see;
yet she is beautiful.
I am reacting.

She is the attraction,
and she is the distraction.
She is a lie, but she is the truth.
I know myself through her.
She leads me astray
Because I follow her
but do not listen.

When I see her, she disappears,
She makes me aware
That she is not there,
That is how she speaks,
That is her language,
That is why -
I want to know her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I thought I would write a poem one day

I sat and though a while

But then I hit a wall

Then you sent me this writing of your own,

I didn’t realize I was doing wrong

So I’ll keep quiet, because you’re probably right!



"When do the sadness and the bad sad poems ever end?
Stop the cycle that you control and only you know how.
The fate of the poems is by your design and the outcome is your outcome
stop writing and thinking bad and bad will no longer remain.
You’ve created a devil that exists just in your brain.
Let the light shine through and understand that the demons of your mind are yours and at your command.
So quit the evils of the night that come to day time too
and peace be among us both me and you.
You write the poems that have no hope because the end,

you cannot Mend.

It’s up to you my love to make this madness forever end."



I was about to send you this little note

When I reread the words you wrote.

I could only come to one conclusion.

You are totally disillusioned.

You say I have a problem in my head.

I am so sorry, for you I dread, will soon discover

Truth hurts when denied."



by Debra J Stiles

Zombiehellmonkey said...

The 'she' in the poem is the personification of truth.

Mcfly said...

Yup.. figured your "she" was a shadow of your "Truth"

Hmmm.. be better if I incl a handle so you know who's been spamming your blog. My bad for dumping in here Lee. I'm going to make my own blog to dump in. ^^

Anonymous said...

if you forgive my sins,
I'll just commit them all again.