9.07.2006

The Creative Edge

The keyboard hasn't felt the same lately. I loved the feel and the sound of the keys, the tip tap tappety tap, when the creativity was at full flow. What have I been doing wrong?

I was lying in my bed, 3am. Sprang out of bed, what am I doing? It's too early to go to sleep! Since when did I start going to bed that early? I have all eternity to allow my soul the wandering pleasures of the dreamworld after I have left this mortal coil, NO, NO! I beat my head violently against the wall, trying to save what creativity I had left in that skull. Wake up, wake up.

That is where the secret and source of imagination was, where it always was. It was not some hidden treasure beyon my sight, it had been standing like a golden phalice before my eyes. I was a fool to think for a while that I was a morning person; I am most productive in the wee early hours of the day. Fuck sleep. Let's get some stuff done before I die, okay! Life is too short, let's type it out.

This is it, I am starting to feel the love of the keyboard again. Is it coming back to me? This is familiar once again, the territory of the night authors. They sleep in their computer chair with fingers rested upon keys, then the vigor of imagination jolts them to life.

No comments: