9.26.2006

Buying a Monkey: Part V (of a 5 part series) - Victory Edition

Fighting distractions so I can type what I want to say. Thanks for all the tips! Every little one helps me get along in life.

The Meaning of Life (as it should have been)

We all choose a life. We choose our history, our parents, our brothers and sisters, our friends, everything. We have the ability to control our lives and decide what we want them to be. This reality is malleable.

Choose a better life for yourself. You don't have to be a slave, make your family better off. Focus on luck. This affords you the time, to concentrate on learning about the 'machine' that you live in.

The illusion of 'reality' is designed for suffering.Everyone has a fear that has been programmed into them. Negativity feeds this reality and keeps it alive. Guilt, paranoia and fear feed it. The guilt of 'doing nothing' for me, feeds it and stops me from focusing. Everyone is being pushed to be slaves of the system. I have heard myself say before, that everything around you is an illusion.

The sure fire side to enter this 'higher' reality is by using drugs. Drugs are not mushrooms or lsd, they are the illusion of the concept that takes us to the other realm. In this other realm, we are able to alter our reality. The problem is to achieve this state, we must overcome the paranioia of taking drugs.

This higher reality does exist, yet it is not allowed to be talked about in the media. The government are trying to stop this happening. We need the whole planet to be on drugs*, so we can all simultaneously all be equal.

*note: 'to be on drugs', nobody stays on drugs, you take them and it allows you in*
Equality creates justice. Inequality creates difference. Difference creates prejudice. Therefore, we should not fear difference. Once you have seen others in the true light, you must realize that you have been all those people before.

We create our reality when we are on the other side. Everyone enters the other side, whether it is through drugs, sleep, or no sleep. We realize that this is the place to command things, to realter the coding, to change our lives. Then we forget. But the shaman is able to go back and forth, bring news and make changes.

The creative is the communicator, who is the shaman. To be able to bring the experience back to reality. My whole life has been very successful this time in giving me the opportunity to (ironically) crack the meaning of life.

Typing it is difficult. I am distracted, pulled away by an unseen force that is attempting to mess this up. I have been successful so far. I am in the most relaxed state now, although I am starting to feel distracted. This zone is further away from reality. Dammit I lost it.

We have to be careful for what kind of life we wish for. All lives come with an amount of pain and suffering. All lives come with struggle. Be humble and choose in between. There is struggle in all of them. Whatever life we choose there will be suffering. Be brave for whatever your life might be.

To be able to change our lives, we must be able to surrender everything that one desires in that life. Desire is the greatest distraction from achieving ones goals, don't worry, everyone goes through the same thing, but it makes it harder for you to change your life. One must realize that everything in reality is fabrication, an illusion, and see beyond the veil, it is easier to choose your life.

Every single experience enables you to complete another part of the puzzle. That's why we need to be on Earth, it's the only way to gain that experience. You can choose your experiences by altering your life. Everytime you are successful, your life gets a chance for being bettered.

What is better? There is no good or evil. There only just 'is'. Everyone is the same, we are all each other, the actions we perform to someone will manifest itself in another lifetime. Therefore we are taught to hurt each other and fear the same consequences.

Let me put it this way, we're in some machine that allows us to do whatever the hell we want, but be prepared to face the consequences. (what you do in this life, will come back to you, that is known as Karma.) Fear and paranoia affect those who have everything, hatred and anger affect those who want to have more; the truth is, that they chose to have that life.

While, I'm typing this, it sounds so dumb when I read it. I fear people will laugh at this, but I'm trying to help the... (there, the laughter again!) This has been the greatest fear along, the paranoia, it destroys me. But I have to keep faith in you (the people) that you can grasp what I am trying to tell you. We must alter our lives for the better, and we can make the world a better place. Everyone is rich, oh how it's easier said than done (oh he can say that because he's got it- you say), yes I do.

It's really hard to get these ideas out, they skip and jump infront of me, and then I get distracted, but I still have to write them out. Got an itchy arm, that is from the life that is pulling me back in. It is a real skill to write when in this zone, that's why I admire how Carlos Castenada did it. I feel sometimes that I have been Carlos Castenada and he has been me. I actually did believe at one time that he was just a bogus shaman, but experience has led me to believe otherwise. Hmmm, you're probably thinking fruitcake alert.

Another part of my easy life, is these grammar courses. The guy makes grammar like mathematics, should it be that way? Shouldn't true expression be much easier than that? Someone is inducing fear. Maybe they want me to be unable to communicate? Trying very hard to make some sense, there's almost a force that prevents me from explaining the experience.



Here is my story (the reader), but it is everyone's:


There is a group of 'familiars' who I see everyday of my life. They are 'familiars' because when you 'meet' them, you would feel as if you had known them forever and longer. They know things that are useful to you and help advance your life.

Fears become a problem when trying to find your 'familiars'. They make you feel scared that you are going insane, or that your life is going down the drain. In that sense, that stop you from doing the things that would otherwise push your life forward.

I must overcome my paranoia to be able to succeed. I decided to open my mind and I am back here again. This confusing place where I have alot of power to alter my reality for good or bad. Things will stop me, we all have this ability, just realize it.

I fear that I could do more. It's hard to control the bad things, I wonder if they just come with the good things. For example, bad follows good. The more good, the more bad. Other people have interests to change the world for the bad, those are the people we should be trying to convert! Didn't want it to sound like a religion.

What is good or bad? They are the goods that everyone wants. Everyone wants good, but to some, their good will be bad. Therefore there is none, they are concepts. Bad is something that you disagree with, good will always be things that you agree with.

How do you create a stable reality? Everyone should want nothing. But it's hard, we all want something, and we hold on to it. That's why we're bound to our 'lives', and why we use drugs to break out of it. We're tied to our possessions and our history. I may have asked for too much this time round, and I will correct it.

Then you have the crowd, who think that I'm totally insane, some people will agree with me who have shared my experience. Others will tell me that, 'I am not in any position to tell them how to do it.', believe me, I am. That is why I am here, and I have the time to do this. I have plenty of time to write. Writing is the way to pass the message, assuming that it is not censored for exposing too much. I have done it! I have done it!

When we ask for things, we should be considerate that it does not hurt another. We should not ask for much. We should accept the lives of others. For whatever reason, a person is the way they are, they chose their life in order to experience something, whether for humility or understanding.

People look at me as if to say, why I did not choose the life of a homeless guy for experience. I have fear, I shouldn't, perhaps it is because I am a coward. A homeless person sacrifices comfortable living, so they can have a life free from paranoia and need to conform. It is better to be well off and doing good deeds for people, rather than be poor and bitter. I have access to writing to tell you how to do it.

When I read this, after I am back to the mundane; the text will make absolutely no sense. The information will make me sound crazy, but I'm not! This is the way I did it, and this is why I am who I am. I did it, I made it happen. Let's make the way a better place. We can all lead by example.

We shouldn't judge a person by the life they lead, or how they look, or act. They are just all acting. Everyone is acting. Everyone chose the role that they're playing in this life because they made that life. The Earth is not real. Certain things hold me back from revealing more; I had to overcome the Ego to write much of this advice.

There is one truth, and that is Love. We should realize that we are each other, everyone has their turn. By loving each other, we learn to love ourself. Unconditional Love is the greatest gift you can give someone.

The choices I have chosen, have made me somewhat eccentric and a little boheme. Those things also drive my paranoia. If I can climb over the hurdle (my fear) that stops me from addressing you my findings. I will certainly read this and find it funny, it's sad because it's supposed to be serious. Language prevents us from describing it. Understanding language well, helps us conquer definition. Once it can be described then it is able to exist.

I think Canada is a great country. We are not afraid to talk, there is more freedom to be able to express ourselves, to not fear the unknown and speak of it. More people will listen to me, if I do not fear them. I have a fear of opening up to people, it makes me cautious and paranoid. These cause me to stay rooted in the boring luxuries of earth and become wasted and unable to further myself. It is no life, but I have the ability to speak to have a voice.

These ideas are fleeting, it is like walking through a field of butterflies with a net that is too small for me to catch them. There are certainly more things that I can learn. I've given myself the opportunity to explore the truth in this way. This is life, this is the true meaning of life. Positive thought will reduce the distractions within your life, so you can meditate on improving your situation.

Suicide is waiting for those who cannot cope with life. Life is life, you cannot control it, it is your choice, you have to accept others for their choices as they will accept yours. You are your own punisher. Your own worst critic.

I may do things quite strangely. I have done this many times before. The lesson is not to judge others less you judge yourself. This creates unity. We accept each other for what we are - the beauty of diversity.

Ego makes this writing, but the paranoia of having Ego can also prevent you from doing things that could be beneficial to others. Therefore, it is best to think that you will strive to make the world a better place.

Writing is somewhat magical. The magicians of the past, were the learned writers and readers. Language transforms the world. My life is in total synchronicity right now. Everyone has their demons and angels, and with the inspiration of the signs and clues, I am now able to turn words into reality.

What is reality? Reality is the language that humans use to communicate with themselves. Alter your reality, and free the time in your life for your pursuits.

Everything I have written sounds crazy, I can see that. If I saw it, I would throw it out. I wish I could show somehow, how I have managed to be where I am.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What is reality? Reality is the language that humans use to communicate with themselves. Alter your reality, and free the time in your life for your pursuits."

We are all born with imperfections. It's our strengths that smoother our weaknesses as long as we do not succumb to our weaknesses.

"I" am more then my thoughts. "I" am with senses that guild me to who I wish to be and what I am.

"I" am self aware, so therefore I exist. My senses guild me to where I wish to be.

Smell, sight, hearing, touch and taste guild us to accept our likes and dislikes.

I would not merge these senses with imagination and dreams. That in itself is a separate entity. This is where the chemical soup of our being can confuse us from what our senses tell us and what is or isn’t real.

"I" am who "I" am based on what "I" am aware of. Growth is only accomplished by being able to reproduce a result. With out being able to mirror constantly a result only leads to being luck or chance.

Is it safe to say a chemical induced rush is equivalent of a roller coaster rush? Because both may have triggered similar impulses does it mean they are both alike? Or do we use foot prints of our senses so we can associate with that which we do not understand?

When broken down to it's most simplest form where manipulation is possible does it become labeled as fact instead of miracle?

Language is only a fraction of who we are. It is one of many senses we use to guild us.

Without change there would be no diversity. Without diversity there would be no growth as everything would be repetitive and stale. Conflict engulfs order, order engulfs conflict. Always allowing change, depth and time. Without this we are left with constant. No history, change and future.

Is it possible that these aware senses flood or drown out additional senses? I am unable to confirm or deny that they are the culprits. It could just be our thoughts or the method of how we think that may drown out these additional senses.

Some say they use drugs, meditation or other methods to achieve these additional senses.

Adding foreign chemicals can enduse results in the brain which triggers our imagination. Is this also true with meditation? Where meditation is more of release of chemicals already in the body to induce similar effects foreign drugs give?

The mind is the most powerful tool in our existence. It gives us insight into who we are and our surroundings.

Whether by flaw, nothing is perfect, or by design. We utilize our mind with our senses to be who we are in the most basic form. Due to the diverse experiences we expose our senses and our minds we each are never alike. We can only comprehend based on our past and present experience that which is in front of us.

Fate is pre-arranged through actions taken in the past. Which fate is dependant on which "actions" are allotted to you and the "choices" you and “others” make at different intervals to acquire that “fate”. So one can alter “fate” if you are “aware” and “others” are aware to achieve one goal. Depending on the complexity certain “fate” will be easier to obtain then others. Eg. Loosing unwanted weight over world peace. Both are obtainable but which do you think would be the least complex and easier to obtain?

If my perception is only what “I” wish it to be then thinking hard enough I could in essence believe it to be true. Regardless of what other sources are saying. Will this create a barrier from not only my surrounding but also my senses? I believe it will. So what you have here is an alter reality “I” believe to be true due to not allowing additional information to alter my perceived reality. Eg. Have someone touch your hand. Then have them release it. Now close your eyes and imagine you are in the north pole walking through a blizzard. Now imagine placing your hand in the cold, chilly snow bank. Imagine how cold it would feel. You know you want to remove it but keep it there.. Now ask your friend to touch your hands again. Ask them if they detect a change in temperature. You will be mildly surprised to find out what the results were.

Our perception allows us to preserve our existence. Without triggers from our senses alone we would easily misinterpret what we feel due to lack of knowing or comparing. By this I mean we would not know what something is like without experiencing it first hand or perhaps tying it to something similar we may have witnessed or sensed in the past. Sometimes we or others utilize multiple experiences to form a new one we may not have been privy too. This allows us to understand or expand more on what we are already privy too.

I'm sure others may disagree or add or laugh. It's what I know to date. Will it change? I believe it will as I know change is a fundamental property we all experience.

Peace

Zombiehellmonkey said...

I used to believe that meditation was separate from the chemical induced awareness. When it comes down to defining these, we know that a certain state can be aquired, which enables a greater perspective. Meditation and drugs at the highest levels of awareness become merely concepts.

At the highest level of awareness, there is no 'I have achieved this state through lack of sleep/chemicals/meditation', but 'I have always know this state'

I believe that the body, and the higher state of consciousness which functions as the subconcious leads the mind from lower states to higher states. The mind is naturally drawn to the higher states of awareness. The subconscious is not the conscious, it merely is the manager of higher consciousness commands. It is a fully functional extension of our body yet many people are unaware of it.

I also think you are also talking about the subject of 'escapism' by ignorance. If that is true, then everyone is ignorant.

The Buddhist believe in Samsara, the illusion which distracts us and makes us ignorant. To overcome it, we must escape it, and therefore by not allowing it to control us and ground our egos, we're able to break free from the distraction and become more knowledgeable.

Then we can return to the everyday, should we so wish, and use the knowledge to further openmindedness by sharing it with others so that the change can occur.

Anonymous said...

"Marijuana mood swing
Tokers say weed works wonders, but science divided on pot for the blues
By PAUL TEREFENKO

Things not going so well? Bummed? Living life in an endless D minor?

There's therapy, of course, and a whole pharmacopoeia of mood changers ready to pump your serotonin levels.

Or there's marijuana. Maybe.

Two months ago, the International Cannabinoid Research Society (ICRS) held its annual huddle in Budapest, Hungary, where participants reviewed, among other items, the latest studies on pot's effect on mood.

A quick perusal of the conference agenda, however, gives an idea of the yawning gap that now exists between what scientists are able to prove and what tokers are experiencing.

For some years, many smokers have claimed reefer as a tonic for funk, posing the possibility that even more are self-treating for depression without even knowing it. And now some therapists are prescribing pot as as an alternative to pharma products, with their scary side effects.

But recent studies are contradictory. Some conclude that the green worsens the blues, while others are more hopeful. Last year, for example, a team headed by Dr. Xia Zhang at the U. of Saskatchewan discovered that a synthetic version of the cannabinoid compound found in pot reduced depression in lab rats.

With the profit motive in full force, increasing pharma bucks are now being spent on the pot-mood equation, and we may at last have an answer. Does pot trump Prozac? It depends.

One enthusiastic observer is Umar Syed, vice-president of scientific and strategic affairs at Cannasat, a firm hoping to bring cannabis-based pharmaceuticals to market and an attendee at July's ICRS meet. "There's decent scientific evidence that marijuana works for depression," he says.

He points out that back in the 80s, scientists located two cannabinoid receptors in the brain: CB1 and CB2. CB1, in particular, works with THC to alleviate depression, "though the exact mechanism is unknown."

It's no wonder there are so many reports of successful self-medication, he says, because although there are up to 60 active ingredients in cannabis, most North American plants have been bred for the high and contain 4 to 8 per cent THC, a substance known to raise depression-easing serotonin levels in the brain.

But not everyone is convinced it's THC that makes the difference. Researcher Richard Musty, executive director of the ICRS and a University of Vermont professor emeritus, believes it's cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive component of the marijuana plant, and not THC, that shows the most promise.

"This is kind of a confusing area right now. It's going to take more time," he cautions. Musty, with others, conducted studies of rats and concluded that CBD has therapeutic potential. He also monitored patients using CBD, and found that two out of five showed improvement.

But he doesn't recommend trying to get your CBD fix from a reefer, because "there's just nothing out there," says Musty, referring to the low CBD content in Canadian pot. And the kicker: when he ran a depression study on animals using THC, "it actually made the animals worse," he says.

Dr. Richard Deyo, a professor of psychiatry at Winona State U. in Minnesota, agrees that while there are positive results from components in marijuana, it's not time to roll a J.

"Cannabis itself causes depression in some people and seems to alleviate it in others," says Deyo, who presented a paper at the ICRS conference. "There are too many cannabinoids in it, and it's not stable. It can produce one effect today and one effect tomorrow. That's the danger."

Deyo, whose research is funded by drug companies, claims many factors can affect marijuana's effects, including a smoker's age, gender and mental state. He emphasizes that the chemistry of marijuana differs greatly according to the climate in which the plant is grown, making consistent research results tricky.

This, in fact, seems to be the major hurdle of pot studies today. With prohibition the law of the land in North America, researchers have trouble experimenting with the many plant varieties. "Until we have a [conducive] legal environment, you're not going to see any good tests," says Cannabis Culture magazine publisher Marc Emery, who points out that more than 500 different kinds of seeds are available.

"The modern medical world is all about dosage ranges that are quantified. Cannabis doesn't work that way; you take it until it works," he says.

While clinical reports are smoky, things certainly look a lot different on the front lines. Here, an empiricism of a different kind is at work: what patients report works for them.

At the Toronto Compassion Centre, Jim Brydges has been dispensing pot for nine years, and while he has no fancy science to describe how it works, he says he's had repeated success treating depressed clients with the leafy green. His technique is mix-and-match; he uses different plants on different people, combining various strains of pot and keeping at it until the client reports feeling better.

"A cannabis-indica-based product we know as M-39, for example, is traditionally known to take away anxiety and relax the person using it," says Brydges.

In California, the only U.S. state that allows doctors to prescribe marijuana for mental illness, there are similar reports. "There's a lot of anecdotal research recorded," says Allen St. Pierre, exec director of the Washington-based National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. "About 35 per cent of people who go to the dispensaries indicate they're taking cannabis in conjunction with, but more often as a substitute for, everything from attention deficit disorder drugs to very powerful anti-depression and anti-psychotic meds."

This positive experience mirrors that of more scholarly med pot specialist Dr. Lester Grinspoon , associate professor emeritus of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and author of several landmark books.

Grinspoon points out that no double blind studies had been done on lithium way back when he became the first to prescribe it for bipolar disorder. So he can't see why it shouldn't be acceptable for his patients, many of whom have been helped by pot, to have legal access to it. Why, he seems to ask, don't patient reports count?

His website documenting hundreds of users' positive experiences opens with a quote by native American poet Simon Ortiz: "There are no truths, only stories."

"Government propaganda notwithstanding, marijuana is much less toxic than anything we as psychiatrists have to offer," says Grinspoon. "Some patients find it more useful than Prozac for low-grade depression."

Grinspoon's not the only psychiatrist reporting such findings. California's Tod Mikuriya, who was in charge of marijuana research for the U.S. National Institute of Mental Health Center for Narcotics and Drug Abuse Studies some decades back, says it's shocking that modern medicine has ignored the history of cannabis in the 100 years before the 1940s, when it was taken off the market.

"It's usually patients who have had poor results with standard antidepressants" who do best with marijuana, he says. "One of the things I've been learning is the complicated relationship between emotional and physical conditions. Depression is closely connected with pain, and most of the medications prescribed [such as opiates] have a bad effect. Cannabis operates on a totally different system in the body."

Scientists, he says, are desperately looking for something patentable, "but they're going to have a hard time. They're calling things 'cannabinoids' instead of admitting that they are molecules from good old cannabis that are unpatentable. The reason I feel so strongly is because I am so aware of the chemical studies done prior to the contemporary ones."

Studies or no, the Canadian Psychiatric Association, seems to have positioned itself carefully outside the fray. "We don't have any official guidelines," says CPA spokesperson Hélène Càté.

At Health Canada, too, officials remain noncommittal. Spokesperson Carol Saindon points out that while the Marijuana Medical Access Regulations don't specifically mention psychiatric conditions, physicians may prescribe pot for whatever purpose they think is appropriate, if they attest that they have consulted a specialist.

But while inhaling for depression has a trail of backers, things look different when it comes to other mental ills. Toking may not be what the doctor ordered for bipolar illness, for example. Says Cannasat's Syed, "THC is only safe in the depressive states of bipolar. If a patient is in a manic state, they would probably benefit from CBD. But they could be on the precipice of a manic attack, take THC and make it worse. I would be very hesitant to recommend any cannabinoid for bipolar disease."

The same caution applies to schizophrenia. "A fair number of studies point to a significant increase in risk of either causation or relapse of schizophrenia in smokers of pot," says Dr. Harold Kalant, professor emeritus of psychiatry at U of T.

Syed, however, says growing evidence suggests that CBD is effective for this disorder. "The strongest data out there is that CBD, in strong enough doses, controls schizophrenia. This is the hottest area of research fresh out of Hungary, and no one really knows it yet," he says.

As momentum builds for cannabis-based meds, there's a chance the bid for legalization of just plain weed may get left in the dust. NORML's St. Pierre sees that as the great irony of pharma's new interest in the plant.

"Many pot reformers are investors in these companies. They think their investment can free up the politics [and end prohibition], but it's more likely the government will soon say, 'There's a product and it's safe and you have to go through the drug system. '"

Source;
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/current/news_story.php

Zombiehellmonkey said...

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

"How to spot a pot addict
By ELENA KRASNOV

Q: My husband has had a very stressful life and now he is addicted to weed. Any time he is stressed or mad he needs to smoke to calm down. I thought that something was wrong with his nerves because when he goes for a little while without smoking he gets mad at everything and screams and swears. Please, I really need to help him. I can't see him struggling with this all of the time. He is a very smart guy and he wants to help himself but doesn't know what to do. What would you recommend?

A: Sounds like your husband has developed a dependence on cannabis use. When you're chemically dependent on marijuana, it means you crave it and you need to use more and more to get the same effect. You may have withdrawal symptoms, such as depressed feelings, trouble sleeping or nausea, when you stop using it.

Because marijuana is a lot stronger now than it used to be, people are also more likely to abuse it and become dependent on it than they were in the past.

Some of the common side effects of using marijuana are: Trouble remembering things, sleepiness, anxiety, paranoia and altered time perception

Some of the common physical effects of marijuana: Tremors (shaking), nausea, headache, coordination becoming worse, breathing problems, increased appetite, reduced blood flow to the brain and changes in the reproductive organs. "

Source;
http://toronto.24hrs.ca/Columnists/TheHealthyWay/2006/09/28/1910853-sun.html

Anonymous said...

Cont.;

"How to spot a pot addict


Like tobacco, marijuana contains many chemicals that can hurt the lungs and cause cancer. One marijuana cigarette can cause more damage to the lungs than several tobacco cigarettes.

The major active chemical in marijuana is delta- 9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which causes the mind-altering effects of marijuana intoxication. The amount of THC (which is also the psychoactive ingredient in hashish) determines the potency and, therefore, the effects of marijuana.

THC in marijuana is strongly absorbed by fatty tissues in various organs. Generally, traces of THC can be detected by standard urine testing methods several days after a smoking session. In heavy chronic users, traces can sometimes be detected for weeks after they have stopped using marijuana. Chronic THC exposure may hasten the age-related loss of brain cells.

With more people seeking help to control marijuana abuse, research has focused on ways to overcome problems with abuse of this drug. Some natural support supplements that I often use in my practice to help people overcome chemical addiction would include a complete B- Complex supplement in high doses as well as heavy detox of liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and fatty tissues. Relora plex from Douglas labs may be a good supplement to start with because it helps calm down anxiety and gives a boost of some B vitamins. A homeopathic drainage support for lungs, liver, kidney and lymphatics would also be included for someone with addiction. Psychotherapy should not be overlooked for your husband as well.

Dr. Elena Krasnov is a registered Naturopathic Doctor and Clinic Director and Co-Founder of the Toronto Naturopathic Clinic. For more information call 416 944 3526 or visit www.naturopathyclinic.com

Submit your questions online tnc@naturopathyclinic.com.

Co-written by Miranda Tallon."

Zombiehellmonkey said...

Don't worry, I'm not a pot addict!! Hahaha, that made me laugh!