9.14.2010

THE HUNGRY MAN CHRONICLES: PART 17

Continued from PART 16

Hanging out with Andrew and Wana was a fun experience, even though the pizza (without tomato) ruined it for us - as it would for any discerning pizza eaters. Turns out that the gun he was carrying wasn't real, it was just a toy, and the deer he brought along – turned out it was real, except for the brain which was plastic; Andrew had removed it from the deer's skull and threw it from his tenth floor balcony as an experiment. But nonetheless, I felt an urgent need to sleep after the evening's frivolities – fear seems to have the effect of draining all your energy, also the pizza (without tomato) was a tiring culinary excursion.

I kicked the door shut, after I said goodnight to Wana. I tore off my clothes as if they were on fire and got under the pungent bed covers in eager anticipation of a pleasant slumber. The sheets felt powdery against my skin, no doubt some form of flea protection, or just dried semen, I giggled to myself at the hilarity of the idea then promptly fell asleep. Someone, or something (if you want to be dramatic about it) crawled into the bed with me as I was about to eat a delicious rice pudding in a dream, and the resulting panic wasted the adrenaline that my body had finally recuperated in the preceding REM sleep. I didn't move, probably was petrified from shock, but my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest, and that would have caused me to scream with the rationed blood to my brain. “Goodnight again” said Wana. All I could do was stare at the glowing green digits of the LED clock – 2:23AM.

When I was a kid, I used to hear stories of night demons who would visit in the middle of the night and suck the soul out of the paralysed victim's nostrils. In this case, it was a crossdresser who I was adamant to permit to suck any appendage of mine. Finally, after what seemed like a few hours, I sprung out of bed, and my feet connected with an oily carpet; my toes curled up as a reaction to the slimy grime. I hit the light switch. The incandescent light bulb flicked on just in time for me to see a cockroach scurry across the wall to a darker corner of the room. I aimed an index finger rigidly at the bed, ready to hurl a barrage of words to the offender. At the focus of my finger pointing was Wana, fast asleep. I looked at the clock again. 5:35AM!

Wana looked quite comfortably asleep, so just in my underpants I crept out of the room and closed the door quietly behind me. I climbed the stairs to the next floor. Another dimly lit corridor that looked the same as the one below but less grimy. A door creaked open, and just as I was about to recede into the darkness of the stairwell, a skinny man in his Y-fronts slipped out of the room. He caught me slinking back and we both froze on the spot, then another door slowly opened and a larger man in yellow stained Y-fronts snuck out.

Both men closed the doors behind them and tip-toed towards the stairwell where I was standing, they ignored me and tip-toed down the stairs. I followed them. Downstairs, the lobby was filled with about twenty men in just their Y-fronts. I felt like I didn't belong, so I double stepped up all the way to the top of the stairwell.

The top floor looked clean, the carpet looked washed and the light bulb was bright. I tried a door. Locked. The second door opened and I cautiously opened it. Dark inside. The light from the corridor provided enough illumination to determine if the room was occupied. The bed was made and the room smelt like lavender air freshener. Exactly what I was looking for. An unoccupied room which the cleaner had forgotten to lock. The clean sheets felt so good, that I almost felt guilty that I was contaminating with my filth covered body, but was too tired to care.


to be continued ...

No comments: